Chrysler Building in Sydney
The early steam-driven passenger car was a lightweight, stylish and durable vehicle that made touring easy, as the brakes operated on electric control. Once the initial streetcar service was extended to parts of the city, subways and buses, as well as trains, they were soon converted to a variety of other passenger forms, including the tender car for disabled passengers, the large caboose for large groups of passengers and the loop car for special events.
The most widespread of these alterations were the two-storey trolley car, of which there were at least six different types manufactured, featuring a wooden or steel body either with a solid or hollow body section with luggage racks to accommodate bench seats and the exotic public transport trailers. UFABET เว็บตรง
The most complex of these coach types was the People’s Car, so called by New Zealanders. It was manufactured by the American Car and Foundry Company between 1914 and 1919, and operated by the Wellington Northern Railway.
It was the only such vehicle of its type in the world, it being intended primarily for the disabled, and featured a porter’s compartment hidden by a door in the front passenger cabin, a toilet with an outside cupboard for toilet roll. Power was transmitted to the trailer either by means of a return-air-con cable, or by a motor- generator attached to a wheeled cart. Two trolley motors ran in series, one on either side. Sydney
The Disabled Car was so designated in the interest of the many blind people and those with other special needs, for it was the disabled who were accommodated in these cars. The wheelchairs, crutches and canes were supplied by the owner’s own personal provisions. Sydney
New Zealand’s first multi-story electric tramway, the Northrop Grumman, was also built at Northrop Grumman, for the Taiji tramway company, from August 2, 1912 to June 5, 1913. The car carried 22 passengers, a crew of 28, and a selection of specially equipped cars, all of which could be detached for short trips. Sydney
Its route network the Northrop Grumman carried across the North Island, the island of Oahu and on to the Taiji Islands. A weekly service allowed disembarking at each destination. Sydney
Its popularity with foreign tourists – particularly from Britain, where the primitive electric wheel chair, the life bar and the annexed bungalow had all been manufactured – led to a multitude of companies being set up to provide transport for them. Sydney
Not only were these secure and comfortable vehicles popular in their own right, but they were also employed as the main transport amenity for the workers of the island. White Mansions, furnished in five fashionable styles, served as the annual depots for the sugar mills, and for the red cars that escorted the lower classes from plantation to plantation. Plantation cars were called Plantation Che Skylark, and airport shuttles called Plantation Check buses.
Electricity was obtainable from battery-operated equipment, or from the electrical power generated by the hills, rivers and canals. At Hanauma Bay, electrician staged the first handel at 543 feet above sea level. Sydney
Because the first all-water city was already on the drawing board, Hanauma Bay became the second, replacing Old Lahaina. Sydney
Designed byurated in three phases as a series of apartment and townhouses, retail and dining areas were added to the already existing ones, thus creating a new quarter for itself. The areas were efficiently and inventively arranged, and gave a feel of entire community life. Sydney
When they finished, the three buildings were joined together to form the North Hanauma combining attractive farmhouses fronted by courtyards and skylines. Sydney
It was another Auckland Auckland development in the early 20th century that foreshadowed the future growth of the region.
In itself, the North Hanauma formed the north shore of the Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve. It required the clearance of three low to medium hills to Rueline, and was developed by the North Shore Land Company.
The land company owned the land, but its responsibility was shared by the city and state of Hawaii.
“The original [North Hanauma] tract involved 30 or so little strips of land, each owner having the right of the remaining land within 160 acres,” according to documents reviewed by the Auckland Council’s wetlands committee.
“The company paid a civic park fee to the city and a special road fee to the state of Hawaii. Civic parks usually fund parks, however the city and state of Hawaii were responsible for reimbursing those costs.”
The development caught the attention of Hollywood screenwriters and director.
“Aloha, Lamai” was filmed in the North Hanaumaback hills in 1990; “The Last Samurai,” was filmedin 1992;